Dear Seeking Ones,
As I read the Biblical passage for today's devotional a few things stood at to me: #1. Ezekiel was in captivity when he had this heavenly encounter. I heard the Lord say, even if My people find themselves in captive places My Spirit and angelic host can still visit them. #2. This encounter took place when Josiah was re-instituting the Passover - we are in Passover week, a 'karios' NOW time expect to be visited - GO UP to the Throne room! #3. Glory, glory, this passage is about the glory of the Lord!
Come, Lord Jesus, Release your glory in our midst!
Seeking With You,
L'Chaim 'to life' Sharon
For by Him (Jesus) all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. - Colossians 1:16-17
Types of angels
1. Arch-angels who seem to be in direct contact with God the Father in the Son. They stand before the presence of God. (1 Thessalonians 4:16; Jude 9).
- Michael is one of the chief princes – warrior angel. (Daniel 10:13, 21; 11:1; 12:1; 1 Thessalonians 4:16; Jude 9; Revelation 12:7-9).
- Gabriel stands before God and delivers important messages – gives understanding of God’s visions. (Daniel 8:16-19; 9:20-23; 10:8-11:1; Luke 1:19, 26).
2. Cherubim were guardians of Eden, hover / cover the Ark of God (presence), Several Bible dictionaries indicate that they represent redeemed human beings in union with Christ, a union seen, figuratively, proceeding out of the mercy seat. The sound of their wings was like the voice of God. 58 references in the NKJV
(Genesis 3:24; Ps.80:1; 99:1; Ez. 28:12, 13, 17; 8:1-4; 10:1-22).
3. Seraphim ‘burning ones - the angels as flames of fire’, their assignments are twofold; to celebrate the praises of Jehovah's holiness and power, Isaiah 6:3 and to act as the medium of communication between heaven and earth as in Is 6:6. (Isaiah 6:1-7).
4. Living creatures symbolize those attributes of God which are seen in creation: His majesty, power, swiftness, and wisdom. We find the living creatures in Ezekiel 1:5-28 they had the appearance of a man; they had 4 faces (man, oz, lion and eagle) and 4 wings, etc. In Revelation we see these beings continually worshiping God and releasing His Word upon the earth. (Revelation 4:6-5:14; 6:1-8; 7:11; 14:3, 9-11; 15:7; 19:4).
F. B. Meyer says of Ezekiel 1 “Those holy beings surely represent the intelligent company of innumerable angels and servants, while the wheels represent the material creation. All these are sent forth to minister to the heirs of salvation. angels and nature minister to us, if we are in union with God. All things serve the servants of the Most High.”
5. Messenger angels – to bring tidings, envoy, one who is sent, a messenger from God. (Matthew 1:20-29; 2:13-19; 28:2-5; 1 Kings 1:11-38; 2:9-21; Acts 5:19; 8:26; 10:3; 12:7, 23). There are 185 references in the KJV.
6. Guardian angels are given charge over us to protect us (Ex. 23:20; Psalm 91:12). There are angels specially assigned to children (Mt. 18:10), Angels specially assigned to churches / ministries. (Acts 8:26; 27:23; Rev. chps. 1-3)
7. Ministering angels are like the one who cooked a hot meal for Elijah when he was running away from an angry Jezebel (1 Kings 19:5-7; Hebrews 1:14)
8. Avenging angels are the ones that carry out God’s judgment upon mankind for their wicked deeds (Genesis 19:1-29).
9. Death angels bring judgment upon a people who persecute innocent groups and execute God’s divine judgements at the end of days. (Exodus 12:23; Rev 6-18).
Word of the Lord
In this season of revelation, know you can access the heavenly realm. It’s as if the Throne of God has come down, heavenly visions are touching earth. Your eyes can be opened even as the prophet Ezekiel’s were as he sat by the River Chebar; the heavens opened and the living creatures came down to where he was and I revealed Myself to him in a vision. I spoke to him from the Throne room; I revealed things that were to take place.
Do you not know, says the Lord that I still reveal Myself in the midst of the earth through the living creatures, those sent to reveal vision and things which are to come.
The invitation still stands - Come up Here! And I will show you things from the midst of the Throne that must take place in your life and upon the earth in this hour. The door is standing open – Come up, says the Lord.
Open our eyes, Lord!
Open my eyes to see the miracle-wonders hidden in your word. - Psalms 119:18 (Passion Translation)
What does the Bible say?
Read Ezekiel chapter 1.
The encounter that Ezekiel had took place during the year of Josiah's re-instituting Passover. We are Now in Passover, 5778 – 2018; A kairos season, a NOW season for fresh revelation, and visions from heaven to be released upon the earth.
1 Now it came to pass in the thirtieth year, in the fourth month, on the fifth day of the month, as I was among the captives by the River Chebar, that the heavens were opened and I saw visions of God.
Read the rest of the chapter … Ask the Spirit to open your eyes to see into the heavenly realm.
Action: A door is standing open in heaven – go up to the throne room and wait in God’s presence. Minister to Him and let Holy Spirit minister to you and reveal mysteries for your life and mission.
Decree: “Angels assisting the Holy Spirit and fresh outpourings - be loosed.” Pg. 192 Angel Armies