Take Up Your Sword
It's day 14; 14 represents Passover, deliverance, double anointing. In Hebrew 14 is the letter Nun, the number 50 which represents freedom and life. It is constructed as a bent vav and a crowned Zayin. Nun is said to represent both faithfulness and the reward for faithfulness.
We are in the year of Ayin Zayin (both crown letters) representing authority to watch, gain new vision and take up the Sword of the Lord in this Ayin Zayin year!
Deut. 33:29 Blessed are you, O Israel; Who is like you, a people saved by the LORD, Who is the shield of your help And the sword of your majesty! So your enemies will cringe before you, And you will tread upon their high places."
The Spirit of the Lord says I am your Passover, I am your deliverance, I am the one who implores you to take up the Sword and wield it against the enemy The day of deliverance is at hand, when it appears that the obstacles mounting against you are too great know this says God I am well able to deliver you from the hand of the enemy. Just as in the days of Gideon I say to you, I am with you oh valiant warriors there is nothing too difficult that you and I cannot conquer. Take up your sword, receive a double anointing to deliver the land from the ravage of the enemy.
Deliverance Through Unusual Mean
- The LORD said to Gideon, "I will deliver you with the 300 men... small is good in the hand of the Lord.
- Dreams revealed the victory... that is nothing less than the sword of Gideon.
- Trumpets (praise) and torches (fire of Holy Spirit) and a mighty cry caused the enemy to turn on itself.
Jdg. 7:14 His friend replied, "This is nothing less than the sword of Gideon (put your name)...God has given Midian (your city) and all the camp into his hand.
There are steps to take during a time of deliverance whether it be (personal, corporate, or territorially). First we must recognize the need, then repent for any sins, take responsibility for your part, remove the roots, and fifth renounce the sin.
We see these steps in Gideon's action in Judges 6-7; he recognizes that the Midianites were stealing his harvest (unfortunately he hides in a cave until the angel of the Lord appears to him). The Angel calls him forth speaks life and vision into him. Gideon takes responsibility for his actions and that of his father. He repents for his sins and the sins of his family. He tears down the altar of Baal and builds an altar of worship to the Lord. He renounces his life of cowardice and takes up his sword to deliver Israel from their enemies.
Read: Judges 6-7
Take Action: Take up your sword!
- Take advantage of this season of deliverance. Ask Holy Spirit to reveal places of captivity in your life.
- Recognize your need, take responsibility for your actions, repent of fears, wrong doings etc., remove roots, and renounce the enemy's hold on you.
- Cut off areas of your life, family, ministry, that are hindering you from your full potential.
- Apply the healing balm of Jesus to your wounded heart, soul, body etc.
Declare: Freedom is my portion! I take up the Sword of the Lord and cut off every obstacle, plot, plan, scheme of the enemy that seeks to hold be in a cycle of captivity. I take up the sword of the Lord and wield in every sphere of authority the Lord has given me. Victory is at hand!
Standing Under The Mighty Hand,