Our focus this week is on the prophetic aspect of the ‘Year of the Sword’ which represents the Word of God. (Eph. 6:17). Yesterday, we looked at the attributes of God’s Word (it’s settled, tried, pure, living, stands forever, unrestricted and increasing).
"Give ear, O heavens, and let me speak; And let the earth hear the words of my mouth. Let my teaching drop as the rain, My speech distill as the dew, As the droplets on the fresh grass And as the showers on the herb. "For I proclaim the name of the LORD; Ascribe greatness to our God! The Rock! His work is perfect, for all His ways are just; A God of faithfulness and without injustice, Righteous and upright is He. - Deut 32:1-4
God’s Word is likened unto: a smelter to refine (Psalm 105:19); a light to guide (Psalm 119:105); a hammer to break (Jeremiah 23:29); a knife to cut (Acts 5:33); a seed to sow (1 Peter 1:23); a sword to pierce (Hebrews 4:12) and a fire to consume (Jer. 23:29).
Our God is a consuming fire (Deut. 4:24; Heb. 12:29) and He’s Word is given to refine us, to guide us, to break open, to cut through obstacles, a seed to sow, a sword to pierce through soul and spirit, a fire to consume, inflame, and burn within us!
In the passages above we see:
- The SOURCE of God’s Word. Our God is a consuming fire. It is inspired and authoritative (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21).
- The FORCE of God’s Word. It is said to be like…fire, a hammer, a sword, a smelter
- The COURSE of God’s Word. It refines, guides, breaks, cuts through, it grows, it consumes, inflames and burns within us.
Let us take up the Sword of the Lord and wield it against every enemy opposing God’s Kingdom rule in our lives and in this land. May we open our hearts to experience the complete work of the Word of God in our life!
Read: Look up the scriptures; let their truth penetrate your heart.
Take Action: God’s Word has everything you need!
- Ask Holy Spirit to anoint your eyes to see the Scriptures in a fresh new way.
- Set your heart to be a lover of God’s Word. Let it have its complete work in your spirit, soul, and body.
- What areas of your life need to be refined?
- Has your prophetic words been tested? Rejoice, be patience through the testing, they will come to pass!
- Use the Word of God to break open areas in your life that are shut up.
- Determine to be one in whom the Word of God burns life fire – take God’s fiery words and bless others!
Declare: The Word of God is given to refine me, guide me, empower me, and inflame me with the fire of the Spirit. I set my heart upon God’s Word!